Springer-Journal of Statistical Research (JSR) Paper Competition
Are you planning to submit an abstract for the 2nd International Conference on Applied Statistics (ICAS) 2019? If so, please consider submitting your manuscript for Springer-Journal of Statistical Research Outstanding Paper Award. Original papers on novel statistical methodology addressing an existing problem, or on applications demonstrating innovative approaches to implementing an existing method in a novel context, re-examining statistical practices from a new perspective, or proposing innovative and practical data analysis strategies are welcome.
Up to TEN outstanding papers from all submissions will be selected for peer-review by the Journal of Statistical Research (JSR) for possible publication in JSR. Top THREE papers each will receive $150 book award from Springer, registration fee waiver to attend ICAS 2019, and the following monetary award from JSR:
Springer-JSR Outstanding Paper Award, 1st place
- US $400 cash award
Springer-JSR Outstanding Paper Award, 2nd place
- US $300 cash award
Springer-JSR Outstanding Paper Award, 3rd place
- US $200 cash award
Further awards in the form of certificates and/or registration waivers will be considered depending on the quality of the submissions.
All submissions must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The first author of the paper must not be above 40 years of age at September 1, 2019.
- The paper must not have been published, or in review with a journal for publication.
- The paper must be presented by the first author at ICAS 2019.
- The paper must be prepared using the JSR template (available at http://jsr.isrt.ac.bd/submit-articles/ )
- The paper must be a maximum of 25 double-spaced pages (with max of 25 lines per page) including references but not including tables and figures (not more than 5 pages of figures and tables).
- In addition to paper submission for competition, the applicant must also need to submit the abstract of the paper in the conference site through Abstract Submission system before the abstract submission deadline
- Papers that are not within these restrictions will not be considered for an award.
- Two PDF copies of the paper, one with author names redacted, and the other with author names
- A cover letter indicating that the paper has not been published or in review, and that the authors are providing JSR with the permission to review the paper for possible publication in JSR.
A letter from the institutional head (such as chair, director) confirming that the work submitted is mainly that of the first author and the first author is not above 40 years old at September 1, 2019.